July 7, 2015

"Fractured Glass: A Novel Anthology" Review

Sorry for the lack of posting these past few days guys! I've been extremely busy with work, dance, colorguard, etc., but don't fret; here is a quick review over 'Fractured Glass'. 

So recently I finished this book after purchasing it from Tia Bach's booth at UtopYA 2015 when it was in Nashville. Below are all the authors and their websites:


Tia Silverthorne Bach
(the 'Fractured' bracelet and book cover necklace were gifts from her)


www.tiabach.com

www.depressioncookies.blogspot.com

Kelly Risser

www.kellyrisser.com

Jo Michaels

www.writejomichaels.com

www.jomichaels.blogspot.com

Casey Bond

www.authorcaseybond.com

N.L. Greene


www.nlgreene.blogspot.com


Click here to view the novel's synopsis.


My Rating:


3.5-4 out of 5 stars


My Review:


This book is definitely unlike most of the books out on the market today in the young adult genre, and the idea to do it in a novel anthology was something that sparked my curiosity. Although the plot was obviously well thought out and creative, I felt that the writing at times was very confusing and hard to follow, causing me to have a difficult time staying engrossed in the story. I found myself having to re-read multiple paragraphs more than once to try and figure out what was going on, and was still left confused and unsure. However, with that said, I did enjoy the book and recommend it . I caught myself starting to ship Sloane and Diego extremely hard, which made the book that much more enjoyable. The book has no foul language, and is appropriate for readers of all ages.




See you guys next time!

Catheryn,
The Book Lioness

No comments:

Post a Comment