February 22, 2016

"Glass Sword" (Red Queen Series book #2)

This isn't really even a review, just more like a rant for me to vent all my emotions after finishing this book. 


If you've followed this blog for long enough, you'll know that I read Red Queen late last year-ish and absolutely fell in love with Victoria Aveyard's writing. Since then I've read the bond up of the two companion novellas she has written, Cruel Crown. After several long months of waiting, the sequel, Glass Sword, was FINALLY released on February 9th, and I received it on the 12th. I started it sometime last week and finished it today and I have been completely overwhelmed by the "feels". This book has lovingly caressed my soul, nurtured it, dropped it a couple times, followed shortly by some more coddling, before ripping it to shreds and lighting the pieces on fire like mere kindling, much like Cal would do. It kills me that I can't fully rant because, well, frankly it's rude to spoil people (haha I find it rude anyway, so it's not just a bashing comment), but to sum it up...

MARE BARROW IS A FIESTT LITTLE STUBBORN LIGHTNING GIRL WHOSE HEART OUTWEIGHS HER BRAIN AND I CANNOT FREAKING BELIEVE WHAT SHE DIS TO PROTECT CAL AND KILORN AT THE END OF THE BOOK IT JUST MAKES ME WANT TO CRY AND SOB MY BOOKISH TEARS. AND OMG ALL THE OTPS THAT HAVE SAILED IN THIS BOOK, PRAISE JESUS. BUT EVEN WORSE, WHEN ONE OF YOUR OTPS GETS RUTHLESSLY SEVERED IN HALF BY THE AUTHOR. 

I think that's all. If I have a re percussive attack over this book, I may end up posting again. Who knows, lol. But this book was amazing, the series is amazing, Victoria Aveyard is amazing, everything is just really amazing so if you haven't read Red Queen or Glass Sword or Cruel Crown yet, but all of them and binge read them. You definitely won't regret it!

Much love,
The Book Lioness!

(Rawr)

No comments:

Post a Comment