June 11, 2018

Summer Shenanigans | Week Two

If you guys have not already seen my Instagram post explaining why this week's blog post is late, it is because I tried a mobile app for my blog. I typed the entire blog post on the app so I could post it when I got home using my laptop, but lo and behold, the app didn't save any of the post. Soooo I'm starting from scratch, on my not-very-reliable laptop, dreading having to remember everything I included in the draft.

First up, bookish updates. I finished The Stand-In Boyfriend, book number five in Christina Benjamin's Boyfriend Series. I've started on the review over Turquoise Mountain and am hoping to have that finished and posted within the next few days. The review for The Stand-In Boyfriend will be typed up and posted sometime after that, hopefully within a few days. I have not officially decided what I am going to read next, but I am leaning towards getting through all the Boyfriend Series books that are currently in my to-be-read-and-reviewed pile (The Maybe Boyfriend and The Accidental Boyfriend). I know I will also be receiving an ARC copy of the newest Boyfriend Series book in the mail soon, called The Summer Boyfriend, and I'm thinking about saving that one for my trip to Florida in late July. Between those books, I have a trilogy by Dana Fraedrich that I also need to read and review, a book I need to read for college, and a book about how to survive college that I was *supposed* to review, but the company that sent it to me it no longer in business. Sooo, yeah.

Second, bullet journal updates. If you haven't seen my newest weekly spread, or any of my other bullet journal spreads, go check them out on my Instagram (@thebooklioness)! This month's theme is lavender! My inspiration came from Amanda Lee of @amandarachdoodles on Instagram (her YouTube videos are also amazing)!

Third, romance updates. None to report here!

Fourth, work updates. This past week was really fun. I started teaching competitive swim lessons to a group of about 5 kids, and I really enjoyed it. They were all such sweet, hard-working kids, and they were all so determined and willing to put in the work it took to improve. I treated them to a fun day on the last day, including popsicles and fancy laminated certificates (except for one kid whose certificate actually said his mom's name)! I teach swim lessons again this week with two kids, both of which I had this past week as well. I'm very excited!

Other than work, I haven't really done much. I come home and make sure to read for at least 30 minutes each night to get back on track with my reading habits, as well as to catch up on my ever-growing TBR pile. I have, however, started utilizing the amazing gym and fitness rooms at the recreation center I lifeguard at, and I feel so much more confident and relaxed after I workout. Today I went upstairs and played around in the aerobics room, and I fell in love. It was complete with a barre and Bosu balls and kicking/punching bags and a beautiful hardwood floor. It actually made me really emotional because my last dance recital is on June 22nd. I've been dancing for just about 13 years, but as I go into college, I don't think I'll have time to keep dancing with my studio. It breaks my heart because for so long, dance has been my outlet, it has been my way to cope with my anxiety and depression. It was my motivation to recover from my eating disorder. I'm just not ready to let go of  it yet.

On a much happier note, I am happy I managed to get this all typed up and posted only one day later than planned. I hope you all can forgive me!

Until next Sunday!

Cat (:

No comments:

Post a Comment