June 3, 2018

Summertime Shenanigans | Week One

Hey guys...
It's been a hot minute since I posted on here.
I promise it was for good reasons, but just so you get to know me a little more, I'll detail everything I've done the past few months.

*cue flashback montage and mystical music*

It all started when I turned 18...

I turned 18 years old on March 12th, officially entering adulthood.
I had an almost-two-month long relationship that ended four days before prom.
I went to prom on April 21st with my best friend Mattie, who traveled almost three hours just so I wouldn't have to go to prom by myself.
I officially declared my attendance to Middle Tennessee State University in the fall to pursue majors in Biology (Pre-Med) and Clarinet Performance, as well as minors in Chemistry, French, and University Honors, under a prestigious full-tuition scholarship.
I took two Advanced Placement exams, Biology and United States Government & Politics (both of which I feel great about).

And the biggest announcement...

I graduated high school on May 17th as a Valedictorian, with too many cords and stoles to count!!!!

Since graduating, I have taken on a job as a lifeguard, with the additional roles of head guard and Aquatic Programmer, which is essentially the manager of the other head guards and all the lifeguards.

Onto my blog...

I have not completed a novel since The Goodbye Boyfriend (aka since March), but I am ALMOST finished with Turquoise Mountain by Diane Reed. I decided to dedicate the past few months to studying intensely for my AP exams, as well as making sure I finished out high school strong, because the senioritis was real the last couple weeks of school. I was also in a pretty rough spot for awhile after the breakup, especially with it happening right before prom, but I'm much better now. I've even started finding other guys attractive, specifically one guy who shall remain identity-less. I have been more reserved and hesitant after the breakup, but my confidence is blossoming once again. I've started working out several times a week, including using the weight room at my place of employment and swimming laps.

Lastly, I am considering expanding the content of my blog to include my bullet journal, as well as lifestyle posts and tips for how I get through my crazy life. I've very excited to be able to start posting more often again (hopefully weekly!) and get caught up on my to-be-read-and-reviewed pile.

Thank you all for sticking around during my hiatus. Your love and support means the world to me, am I'm so grateful for every single one of you.

I've got to sign off for now, but I'll be back before you know it.

Stay fierce, my little cubs.

Catheryn 💙

No comments:

Post a Comment